- 1 ¼ pounds baby red potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pitted green or black olives
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or just until tender; do not overcook. Check the potatoes periodically by piercing them with the tip of a knife. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool. Slice them in half, or quarters if they are large.
- Combine the potatoes, feta cheese, olives, garlic, scallions, and dill in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and toss, then sprinkle with the red wine vinegar and toss again. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
One-sixth of the salad: Calories: 158 cals; Protein: 4 g; Fat: 6 g; Cholesterol: 7 mg; Carbohydrates: 25 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sodium: 235 mg; Carb Choices: 2; Diabetic Exchange: Starch 1, Vegetable 1, Fat 1
From Eating for Lower Cholesterol