Convenience — that’s the main reason for skyrocketing sales of bars, all kinds of bars, from those high in protein to those that promise a powerful surge of energy strong enough to fly you to the moon. A single bar can constitute a full breakfast, can fuel your body before a game, or can be a hefty, protein-rich snack to get you from lunch to dinner without any munching in between.
This million-dollar market continues to grow, especially with new vegan and gluten-free bars coming on the shelves all the time. Things to watch with a close eye are the values for calories and fat. Some are loaded with sugar, sweeteners, and fat with minimal nutritional value. Others pack a mean punch. We all need convenience, and these bars are here to stay, so choose wisely.
10 Healthy Bars in Calorie Order
- Kind Organic Zbar Chocolate Chip: 1 bar = 130 calories, 3.5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein
- Kind Dark Chocolate Chunk: 1 bar = 150 calories, 4.5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein
- Kashi Go Lean Crisp Chocolate Almond Bar: 1 bar = 170 calories, 5 g fat, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein
- Luna Blueberry Bliss: 1 bar = 180 calories, 5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 8 protein
- Larabar: 1 bar = 190 calories, 4 g fiber, 8 g fat, 4 g protein
- Atkins Advantage Peanut Butter Granola Bar: 1 bar = 200 calories, 7 g fat, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein
- Think Thin Brownie Crunch: 1 bar = 230 calories, 8 g fat, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein
- Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits Blueberry: 1 pouch (4 biscuits) = 230 calories, 2 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein
- Organic Fruits of Life Whole Food Antioxidant: 1 bar = 230 calories, 3.5 fat, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein
- Cliff Bar Crunchy Peanut Butter: 1 bar = 240 calories, 6 g fat, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein